Sisters Science Club
The Sisters Science Club is a community organization focused on enhancing science and math in the schools.
It has supported each school with yearly discretionary budgets for equipment, supplies and field trips; sent interested teachers to National Science Teachers Association & Oregon Science Teachers Association for professional development; created a yearly, district-wide Science Fair; built a high school greenhouse and brought selected Belfry Frontiers in Science community speakers into the schools.
Over the past six years the Science Club has worked with the superintendent to help initiate programs in Flight Science, Culinary Arts, Environment-Community-Self (SMS ECoS), and the Seed-to-Table Healthy Living Program, K-12.
- After-School Discovery Lab
- OMSI Brain Teaser exhibit
- Bumbling Science show
- Oregon Coast Aquarium presentation
- Field Trips: Bend Science Station, High Desert Museum, Metolius nature hike
- Recycling / Compost program
- Einstein Day exhibits
- Seed-2-Table and Healthy Living Programs
- Bill Nye Science Videos installed in Library
- PTA science night
- Parents after-school Science Club
- Science Fair support – mousetrap cars